Note: see updated course HERE.
Here is the official route for the 30th Pyongyang Marathon (note: the 29th Pyongyang Marathon in 2016 started from the Rungrado May Day Stadium, but the 30th annual marathon is expected to be held in the newly renovated Kim Il Sung Stadium as in past years.)
The official 2017 Pyongyang Marathon course route
- Depart from Kim Il Sung Stadium
- Pass through the Arch of Triumph
- Friendship Tower
- Kumrung No.2 Tunnel
- Congryu Rope Ladder on Taedong River
- Munsu Riverside Street
- Rungra Bridge
- Kumrung Tunnel
- Puksae riverside street
- Moranbong Street
- Re-enter through the Arch of Triumph
- Arrive back at the Kim Il Sung Stadium
This is a 10K course and the marathon will make this loop 4 times, the half marathon twice.